What can you say about the preseason so far? You said before that thepreseason is much shorter in
Preseason has gone well so far, Ithink we built up a good base fitness level early on so we have beenconcentrating more on playing more lately since we are getting closer to theseason. The long preseason has a lot ofbenefits because it gives us time to learn everything about each other, likehow we play, and what each player likes to do, and it gives a lot of time toprepare so we don’t have to rush anything.
What has been Gregg´s focus until now?
Gregg has been very focused onfitness and defensive and offensive shape thus far into preseason.
What kind of new ideas or training practices has Gregg brought into theteam if you compare with your earlier teams?
We have been doing a lot oftechnical and possession type games that we did not really do a lot during mylast season in college. We had to focusa lot on the tactical side of the game because we had very little time toprepare for games, so it has been good for me to continue to improve in thoseareas.
Do you know what kind of system you are gonna use when you play matches;4-4-2, 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1?!
Wehave been focusing on a 4-2-3-1.
How does the coach want the team to play out on the pitch?
We want to dictate the game withour possession game and strike hard with good runs and efficient ball movementwhen we reach the final third of the field. When we lose the ball we are focused on a tight press high up the field.
Gregg has raised his voice several times when he hasn´t been satisfiedwith your performance. What do you have to say about that?
I think it’s something as aplayer you have to deal with and digest. There are higher standards as a professional player than what I am usedto and I am still transitioning in some senses of the game so sometimes I getcaught. Gregg knows he doesn’t have tobaby me because I’m here to play right away so when he criticize me I don’ttake it personally I just know he expects better from me and is trying to helpme grow and get better as a player.
What is your physical status if you compare to last year?
I think I am in pretty good shapecoming off of the last four weeks of running, I also feel very strong from theweights we have been doing. I am continuingto get better from being in a professional environment and also from being awayfrom the game for a year due to injury.
What did you know about Hammarby before you signed the contract?
I didn’t know much to tell youthe truth because everything happened so fast but I knew Charlie Davies hadplayed here and had been successful, and I talked to him personally and he hadgreat things to say.
Which is your favorite position on the field?
My favorite position is centerforward but I also like to play withdrawn forward or center mid.
Have you got any impression of where Gregg wants you to play out on thefield?
I think Gregg likes me at centerforward but he knows I can the two center positions and on the wing as well andbe successful.
What are your strengths as a soccer player?
I think I am good at holding theball up with my back to goal, but I am also good at turning and taking playerson, making runs in behind the defense, as well as finishing my chances.
What improvements are there to be made in your game. What can youimprove in your game?
I think I can improve on my gamein the air and little things like being efficient with every pass and beingconfident in everything I do.
What about the atmosphere in the team?
The atmosphere is great, everyoneis on the same page, we all have the same goals within the team, and everyonegets along well.
What are your expectations of this season?
I want the team to be successfulin terms of accomplishing what we set out to do on the field, and I want tocontribute in any way I can.
What is it like living in
It has been very easy so far withtraveling within the city and getting to know everything that is around. I have never lived in a big city before butit has been a great experience so far.
Have you an apartment of your own? If “yes”, where do you live?
I do have an apartment now, Ilive at the stop Skärmarbrink on the subway.
What have you heard about Hammarby´s home stadium, Söderstadion?
I’ve heard a lot, but mostly thatit is the stadiums last year to be our home field which is tough for theplayers and fans. There is so muchhistory surrounding the field that it is almost sad I won’t be playing in thestadium after this year, but hopefully I can be a part of the new history forthe new stadium when we start playing there!
Do you know any Swedish words?
Unfortunately I do not knowmany. I have made it my goal to learnSwedish by the end of the year but I have not had time to go to classes yetbecause of how hard practices have been during preseason.
What do you think about the team´s andyour own performance in the Brage game?
I thought the performance was good overall, it was our firstgame so we didn’t really have any expectations but we can out with a victorywhich is always nice. I felt really goodout there, I felt confident on the ball and with my runs but I also did somethings I can hopefully learn from. Overall I am pleased with my first game as a professional and withHammarby.
What improvements are to be made, bothfor the team and for you?
What improvements are to be made, bothfor the team and for you?
I think that our patience and possession is something thatwe are looking to improve in our next game. I think we need to continue to be dangerous offensively and become moreefficient with our defensive press and shape. Personally I want to keep improving and hopefully find more chances infront of goal and be more involved in the game, I may only have 45 minutes butI want to make them count.
Finally, some wordsto the fans!
It was amazing playing my first game for the club in frontof the fans and hearing your support when I was on the field, it meanseverything to me. I cannot wait to play every game with you behind me knowingthat my family has grown by the thousands. Hopefully we can have a good relationship and I can continue to help theteam and make you proud!
Vi tackar Billy, eller William, Schuler för att hantog sig tid att ge oss så utförliga svar. Vi hoppas alla på en framgångsriksäsong, både för Billy personligen, men även för Hammarby!

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar